Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets. Clark Moustakas

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Soul Sister

Have you ever met someone in your life who made you feel like you were just 'meant to be friends'. Someone who has so much in common with you that its almost scary! I have a soul sister like that. Denise and I met a little over a year ago, at work. She started shortly after I did, and I even trained her. We just clicked! The more we chatted the more it became obvious that we were definitely 'meant to be'. We share common interests, we both love to talk and laugh, we even share similar health issues. The health issues part is kind of a big one, because at least we can relate to each other with our miseries, LOL. She left me a few months ago to work elsewhere, but even with that we are closer than ever and talk frequently.



Denise graduated from college today. She was an online student who worked very hard, and graduated with honors with a degree in medical coding. She has so much drive and determination and she worked so hard to achieve this goal. I am so very proud of her! She gave up her evenings, weekends and time with her family often to make sure she did what she had to do. I was included in her celebration today with her family, and I so appreciate being considered part of the family. She truly is my soul sister.

I envy her that drive and determination, because I do not know if I am strong enough to accomplish all of that at this point in my life. I often think and dream of going back to school, but wonder if I will ever have enough confidence to take that first step....maybe....someday. I guess I am really still just a work in progress in so many ways.

1 comment:

Valerie! said...

How wonderful to have a friend that's your soul sister!! You are truly blessed and I'm thrilled for you! xox