Accept everything about yourself--I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end--no apologies, no regrets. Clark Moustakas

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Clean House

Have you ever noticed how much better you feel when your house is clean? I may be a cornball, but despite being a little bit worn out, I get a thrill from the overall feeling of clean, from seeing the lines in the carpet from the vacuum and the smell of freshness that wafts through the house.

My mother raised me to keep a clean, orderly house, and I try to maintain that, but I will admit that sometimes it gets out of hand, simply because life takes over. I am in the process of purging a lot of things in my life, both physical items and emotional baggage, and simplifying things.

I am learning to keep my life in 'order' and this to me is so much more important than a dust free living room, or spotless kitchen. I appreciate the necessity of staying ahead of it, but at this point in my life, I have also realized, that there are many more important things than making sure my house is spotless. The most important is keeping myself happy, and living life....one day at a time, even if it gets messy.

1 comment:

Valerie! said...

Oh Kellie, so true! There are way more important things than a clean house. I am so lucky that my husband doesn't even notice a dirty house. I notice when my house is a mess, but he never once complains. I have all kinds of magnets on my "messy fridge" about clean houses and one of my favorites is "Dull women have immaculate houses"..who wants to be dull?